Hualalai, Hawaii is a luxurious resort destination known for its stunning beaches, world-class golf courses, and exquisite dining scene. Whether you’re looking for a casual meal at the beach or a fine-dining experience with breathtaking views, Hualalai has something to offer every palate.
Here is a guide to Hualalai’s culinary scene, featuring top restaurants, traditional Hawaiian dishes, and dining recommendations for food enthusiasts:
Top Restaurants in Hualalai
- Hualalai Grille at Four Seasons Resort Hualalai: This award-winning steakhouse offers a menu of classic American dishes with a Hawaiian twist. The Hualalai Grille is known for its dry-aged steaks, fresh seafood, and extensive wine list.
- Beach Tree at Four Seasons Resort Hualalai: This oceanfront restaurant offers a casual dining experience with breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean. The Beach Tree menu features a variety of dishes, including fresh seafood, wood-fired pizzas, and pastas.
- ‘ULU Ocean Grill at Four Seasons Resort Hualalai: This fine-dining restaurant offers a unique dining experience that showcases the best of Hawaiian cuisine. The ‘ULU Ocean Grill menu features dishes made with locally sourced ingredients, such as fresh fish, seafood, and produce.
- The Hualālai Trading Company at Four Seasons Resort Hualalai: This all-day cafe offers a variety of dining options, including sandwiches, salads, pastries, and coffee. The Hualālai Trading Company is also a great place to purchase souvenirs and gifts.
- Residents’ Beach House at Four Seasons Resort Hualalai: This private beach house is located on a secluded cove and offers stunning views of the Pacific Ocean. The Residents’ Beach House offers a variety of dining options, including a casual lunch menu, a sunset dinner menu, and private dining experiences.
- Moana at Kona Village Resort: This oceanfront restaurant offers stunning views of the Pacific Ocean, along with a menu of fresh seafood dishes and classic Hawaiian favorites. Moana is known for its poke, kalua pork, and lomi salmon, as well as its wood-fired pizzas and pastas. The restaurant also has a full bar, so you can enjoy a cocktail or glass of wine with your meal.
Traditional Hawaiian Dishes
Here are a few traditional Hawaiian dishes that you must try while in Hualalai:
- Poke: Poke is a raw fish salad that is typically made with tuna, salmon, or mahi mahi. Poke is often served with rice, avocado, seaweed, and soy sauce.
- Kalua pork: Kalua pork is a traditional Hawaiian dish that is made by cooking pork in an underground oven. Kalua pork is often served with poi, a starchy paste made from taro root.
- Lomi salmon: Lomi salmon is a Hawaiian dish that is made with salmon, tomatoes, and onions. Lomi salmon is often served with poi or rice.
- Saimin: Saimin is a Hawaiian noodle soup that is typically made with noodles, broth, meat, and vegetables. Saimin is a popular dish for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- Malasadas: Malasadas are Portuguese donuts that are popular in Hawaii. Malasadas are typically filled with custard, cream, or jelly.
Hualalai’s culinary scene is sure to impress even the most discerning food enthusiast. With its top restaurants, traditional Hawaiian dishes, and unique dining experiences, Hualalai has something to offer everyone.